Tuesday, October 22, 2013

An Ode to a Keyboard

Black and white keys
Stretch across the top
This keyboard.

Such magnificence
It brings
When the keys 
Are stroked.

Granted I know
Very little
About how to
Use it.

The songs of
“Hey Jude”
And “Let it be”
Are almost
All I know.

My fingers feel
As though they dance
Across a field
Of colorless steps.

Such delight,
When I touch
The right notes.
Such agony,
When the wrong
Key is played.

Someday I will
Learn more about it.

Till then its
Striking music
Will keep me going.

2 comments:

  1. I take it that you like to play piano :) so do I and all I can say is practice that's where it starts haha at least it is with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the parallel between success and failure. I'd love to see that carried through via additional comparisons. For example, when you're playing well, your fingers might feel as if engaged in a dance. What image should I picture when the fingers aren't so spry? :)

    ReplyDelete